A Forest Hills N.Y. Chiropractor shares Her Top 12 Ways To Boost Your Immune System
Are you generally feeling run-down? Or perhaps you have to constantly struggle with colds and flu and other minor illnesses and you’ve been taking a lot of over-the-counter medications?
Maybe you are generally well but you are always wary of getting sick and want to feel great and look your best. If any of this sounds like you, then it’s time for you to boost your immune system the natural way and enjoy a healthy and happy lifestyle.
What are some proactive ways to boost your immune system?
Here are the top 12 ways to boost your immune system and enjoy a healthy lifestyle:
1. Keep a well-balance state of mind. Normally you wouldn’t even think of your mind as an essential ingredient to a healthy lifestyle. If you are under constant stress, your mind will be in distress and can create havoc with your immune system. Your immune system monitors your “state of mind”.
A mind in distress overworks your immune system resulting to poor bodily functions. When under stress, you can deliberately find solace in things that calm you by switching your thoughts. This will release a chemical in your body that calms and quiets the mind.
2. Pay attention to your body. Your body usually sends out subtle warning signs when something is wrong with it. The early signs could be feelings of exhaustion, being cranky, and loss of appetite. From there you can take preventive measures to treat any malfunctions of the body.
3. Slow down your pace. You can pamper yourself by soaking in a warm tub with essential oils for aroma therapy, or you can take an Epsom salt bath. Over-fatigue can definitely slow down your immune system. It is best to reserve some time to relax and revitalize yourself every now and then.
4. Move your body and get some fresh air. Most workaholics are often times enclosed in their work cubicle and never get the chance to enjoy the sun and the fresh air. Exercising daily (even just for 20 minutes) will keep the lymphatic system flowing and clears away the toxic from your body.
5. Consume healthy foods. You can start by eating fresh, in-season local produce. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
6. Minimize any intake of sugar, caffeine, food additives or any preservatives. Based on one study, 1 teaspoon of sugar can shut your immune system down for 8 hours. With this in mind, be wary of your sugar intake and avoid it as much as you can.
7. Take vitamins and minerals as supplements. It is advisable to buy directly from a health care provider to avoid vitamin brands that are less potent.
8. Drink plenty of purified water daily. This will help to flush out the toxins from the body as well as keeping you safe from dehydration.
9. Choose a natural approach to treat an illness. You can first consider herbal or homeopathic remedies first with the guidance of a health provider before getting over-the-counter medications (especially when it comes to suppressants).
10. Get a healthy sleeping habit. Sleeping is the best way for the body to restore itself and get revitalized.
11. Take care of your teeth. Dental health plays a major role in securing your overall wellness. A scientific research claimed that poor oral health is associated with increased risk of cancer.
12. Get Chiropractic care. The purpose of the treatment is to open up the communication between your mind and body. Chiropractic adjustment will elicit your immune system to respond quickly and efficiently to healing. To improve your immune system, you should seek for chiropractic care on a regular basis for overall health and wellness.
Go ahead and enjoy living a healthy and happy lifestyle by following the top 12 immune system boosters!
And if you’re really serious about starting out the New Year with an immune system make-over…give Dr. Christine Antoldi a call at (718) 268-4464.